Tis the season for baking!
Honestly, I am not always thrilled with the idea of baking. Measuring is not optional, for one. And if you know me at all, I am not the greatest measure-er in the world (but I’m getting better, for the sake of writing recipes for ya’ll). However, there’s just something about whipping up a quick batch of cookies (with a mere 7 ingredients) and tossing them into the oven that gets me excited every now and then. Maybe it’s the fact that my kitchen smells like peanut butter and brown sugar (maybe). Or maybe it’s the fact that I get to eat a deliciously gooey cookie (or 3). Or maybeeee, it’s because I can share baked goods with my friends and they say YAY! we love cookies! And then I feel like I CAN bake.
So here I am, contradicting myself. Pretending that I don’t bake and all, when last week I made Apple Fritter Bread (in the crock pot – does that count as baking?) and then this week, cookies. But you know what, it’s Christmastime, and baking is sort of required at Christmastime. Amiright?
So anyway, these fabulously gooey and melt-in-your-mouth cookies are made of just 7 (yes, 7) simple ingredients. And when I say simple, I mean SIMPLE. Like, “mix ingredients #1-6 into a bowl, then gently fold in ingredient #7; bake for 8-12 minutes”. Then enjoy. I am not kidding, folks. That is really all there is to it.
And I know you’re looking at the ingredient list: peanut butter, yogurt (yes, yogurt), eggs, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, dark chocolate chips, and wondering how in the world this makes fluffy, chewy, delicious cookies? Well, I don’t exactly know how they are so good, but they just are. And when things are THIS good, I try not to ask many questions. But I tell ya, these put traditional peanut butter cookies to shame. Gosh, I feel so mean saying that to all of those peanut butter cookies out there that have pleased millions, but it’s the truth.
You will love them.
So friends. Please make these for all of your friends and family this holiday season. Because there is no better gift than deliciousness.
- 1 ½ cups creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. coarse salt
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place large piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet. Set aside.
- Whisk together peanut butter, yogurt, brown sugar, eggs, baking powder and salt until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using an ice cream scoop, place dollops of cookie dough on parchment paper, leaving a ½-inch gap in between each cookie. Bake for 8-12 minutes, until cookies just start to crack on the top.
- I used Skippy Natural Peanut Butter and Chobani 0% Plain Greek Yogurt for this recipe. Other brands/types of peanut butters and yogurts may cause a change in texture and flavor of the cookies.
- Also, cookies will be very tender and may fall apart if moved or eaten before cooled. That does not mean they are not incredibly delicious right out of the oven, they may just be a little messy 🙂