I’m just checking in mid-week with a dynamite breakfast recipe. Or brunch or snack or just a when-you’re-hungry recipe. And a recipe that takes, like, 5 minutes or less to whip up, toss in the fridge and the next morning it’ll be ready for you to grab ‘n go. It’s this concept called overnight oats – you may have heard of it? If not, you may have been living under a rock (but I still love you).
This particular version has hints of our childhood in it – otherwise known as PB&J – yep, it has swirls of peanut butter and strawberry jelly (or whatever your fave is), and is topped with fresh strawberries and slivered almonds for dat crunch. Plus, I stirred in some maple syrup, because you can’t have oatmeal without maple syrup, and also some chia seeds because they make the oats pudding-like (yum!) and are also – shhhhhh – super good for you.
So basically you can have your PB&J and eat it too!
Love, love, love.
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- ¼ cup peanut butter + more for serving
- 2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup + more for serving
- 1 ½ cups vanilla almond, soy or coconut milk*
- Pinch coarse salt
- ¼ cup strawberry fruit preserves
- ½ cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together oats, peanut butter, chia seeds, pure maple syrup, milk and salt. Transfer to a jar with a lid and refrigerate overnight. Stir in fruit preserves, more peanut butter and more maple syrup, to taste, and top with fresh strawberries and slivered almonds.
- *If using cow’s milk, add 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract.