Guess what’s up?
Dessert, you guys. Mini, sweet, tender, wholesome dessert that literally melts-in-your-mouth.
Do I have your attention now?
Okay, cool, I’ll continue telling you how delicious it is in hopes that you’ll create it at home and feel all the feels that I’m feeling right now. Wow, that was a lot of feels.
So peaches are all the rage right now because they’re dee-lish-ous. Fresh, juicy, sweet and totally swoon-worthy RIGHT NOW. I have been eating them on the daily and I really don’t feel like they need anything else with them or need to be prepared in any special way to be truly amazing. However, I’m going to contradict myself and tell you that they’re also absolutely perfect as the topping (or bottom?) for upside down mini bundt cakes.
You know – like pineapple upside down cake, but instead of rings of pineapple and maraschino cherries (no judgement, I do love those things), we’re using those fresh peaches. After baking with that brown sugar and butter, it’ll be impossible for someone to eat these and still claim to ‘not like peaches’. (I know this because my hubs enjoys these lil cakes and he isn’t a big peach guy.) They’re irresistible.
What’s also great about these – other than how absolutely adorable they are (mini food!) – is the cake is made with old-fashioned oats, so it’s wholesome and hearty, but it’s super, super tender. And with an extra spoonful of the butter and brown sugar mixture the peaches soaked in (omg) on top of each cake, life is just simply perfect. This is where the melt-in-your-mouth happens, and you won’t be able to form words.
Seriously, just try it. I dare you.
Did I mention peaches, brown sugar and butter?
So much yes.
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 Tbsp. ground flax seed
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. coarse salt
- ⅔ cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup milk
- 3 Tbsp. melted butter
- 3 Tbsp. dark brown sugar
- 2 medium peaches, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, whisk together melted butter, oil and brown sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, then vanilla extract and mix until incorporated.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together oats, flour, flax seed, baking soda and salt. In a measuring cup, whisk together yogurt and milk.
- Turn the stand mixer on low and add a third of the dry mixture, then half of the yogurt/milk, then repeat, finishing with the dry mixture, just until incorporated.
- Coat a 12-cup mini bundt pan with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, stir together melted butter, brown sugar and peach slices. Layer 3 peach slices in the bottom of each well, then fill ¾ of the way full with cake batter. Set aside remaining butter/brown sugar mixture.
- Bake mini cakes for 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool, then remove cakes from the pan. Microwave butter/brown sugar mixture for 30 seconds, or until melted. Pour over each mini bundt cake and top with chopped walnuts (if desired). Serve.