This post is in partnership with BrightFarms. All views are my own.
Can I interest you in a quick and easy weeknight meal?
I assume everyone just raised their hand because we ALL need easy weeknight meals. We literally can never have too many, am I right? Well this meal has just a few ingredients and is packed with amazing Italian flavors. I think it’s going to be a new favorite for all of us.
There’s spicy Italian sausage (or you can get mild, if that’s your thing), handfuls of baby kale, pillowy potato dumplings that are also slightly crispy on the outside, fresh and dried oregano (my fave herb), basil marinara and an absurd amount of freshly shaved Parmesan cheese. Sounds heavenly, right? And it’s all ready in just about 25 mins.
And what’s super cool, is the handfuls of baby kale I used are made in greenhouses right here in the midwest! BrightFarms is an amazing company doing amazing things for sustainable farming so we can feel even better about eating our greens. They also grow baby spinach, arugula, spring mix, romaine and several mixes that are perfect for salads.
And, BrightFarms wants you to give their produce a try, so one lucky blog reader who lives in Wisconsin will win a $25 gift card to Mariano’s (Pick n’ Save or Metro Market!) to shop for their produce. Who doesn’t love free vegetables?! All you have to do is subscribe to my blog and comment on this post AND follow me on all of my social media channels (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest) and comment on the Italian Sausage, Kale & Gnocchi Skillet posts about why you love greens and how you plan to use BrightFarms produce in your next meal, and you’ll be entered to win.
Yes, yes, yes!
Also, we’d love to see a snapshot of this dish if you make it at home! Because, yum.
- 1 (16 oz.) pkg. gnocchi
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. ground Italian sausage
- 2-3 cups baby greens (spinach, kale)
- 3-4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano leaves
- ½ tsp. each coarse salt and ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (24 oz.) jar marinara
- ½ cup fresh basil, oregano and/or flat-leaf Italian parsley, chopped
- ½ cup freshly shaved Parmesan cheese
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions. Dry gnocchi on a paper towel.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil to medium heat. Add sausage and cook 5-7 minutes, until browned, breaking it up into bite-sized pieces as it cooks. Stir in gnocchi and saute 2-3 more minutes, stirring occasionally, until gnocchi is lightly browned. Stir in greens and garlic and cook 2-3 minutes, until greens are wilted. Stir in oregano, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Stir in marinara and bring to a light simmer for 5-10 minutes. Stir in chopped fresh herbs. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Spoon into bowls and top with Parmesan cheese.