Crispy. Breakfast. Potatoes.
Literally so delicious, with a super crispy, seasoned exterior and fluffy potato interior.
Did I grab your attention? I thought so. These potatoes are restaurant-quality, and what every home cook has been looking for in a breakfast potato. Not to brag or anything, but I honestly believe that. 🙂 And usually I like my potatoes fried in a little oil or butter with a pinch (or 5) of salt and pepper with a few fried eggs on top. But these potatoes have a little something extra: smoked paprika. (Okay, and a little garlic and onion, no biggie.) You know I love smoked paprika with everything inside of me, so it really takes these little babies to the next level.
JUST LOOK at all that crispiness, you guys! Ahhhhhhh.
So go to the kitchen, chop up some taters, and get your crispy on. And don’t forget the yolky eggs (dippy eggs, as my niece calls them) and a few micro greens because I’m obsessed with them.
- 2-3 Tbsp. oil
- 1 lb. Yukon or red potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tsp. coarse salt
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- Fried eggs and micro greens, for serving
- Heat a large non-stick skillet to medium to medium-high heat. Once hot, add potatoes. Cook potatoes 25-30 minutes, only stirring every 7-8 minutes to allow all sides to become brown and crispy. Stir in seasonings about halfway through. Potatoes are done once they are fork-tender (very crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside).
- Serve with fried eggs and micro greens.