This week is all about the granola.
I mean, I’ll eat other things, but this is all I can think about.
It’s a mixture of the most wholesome things I could pull out of my cupboard: old-fashioned oats, coconut flakes, chia seeds, flax seed, walnuts, dark cocoa powder, salt, cinnamon, coconut oil, honey and vanilla extract.
Okay, so I basically just gave you the recipe. Sorry not sorry.
I know it may seem like a lot of ingredients, but I’m thinking you should have these things at-the-ready, anyway ;). Maybe, maybe not, but I just know you’ll want to acquire these items in order to make the best-ever granola.
You just mix all the goodies together, then bake it at 250 degrees for 45 minutes. Then… you mix in the dark chocolate chips, and if they melt just a tiny bit, it’ll help hold together big ‘ol chunks of delicious granola. Not a bad thing, I tell ya’.
And for the coconut haters out there, I guess you can omit the coconut flakes (add an extra cup of oats or a mix of oats and nuts) and use a neutral (grapeseed, avocado, canola) oil instead of coconut oil.
And if you don’t like chocolate, we just can’t be friends.
- 2 ½ cups rolled old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup ground flax seed
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts or almonds
- 2 Tbsp. dark cocoa powder
- ½ tsp. coarse salt
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 3-5 Tbsp. honey or maple syrup*
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips*
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, except chocolate chips, until well combined.
- Transfer to a greased baking sheet and bake 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Stir in chocolate chips. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- 1. Add an extra tablespoon or two of honey.
- 2. Stir in the chocolate chips when the granola is still warm (not hot).