There are just endless possibilities with you. Endless, delicious, possibilities.
And today’s recipe is extra awesome because it means you have breakfast allllll week.
Yes! Anytime I hear I can cook once and eat all week, I am on it. So this week I’ve been munching on Cheesy Wonton Breakfast Cups. They’re baked wonton cups (duh) filled with spinach, smoked sausage, sharp cheddar cheese, eggs and some spice, and baked to perfection. 12 of ’em!
Aren’t they cute? And packed with protein, which is one of the 5,247 reasons I love eggs.
Try ’em out and let me know what you think. Simple as that!
- 12 wonton wrappers
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1 link smoked spicy chicken sausage, chopped
- ¼-½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 12 large eggs
- Pinch coarse salt and ground black pepper
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 scallion, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 12-cup muffin tin. Tuck wonton wrappers into each muffin cup. Coat with cooking spray or brush with oil/butter. Bake 5-6 minutes, until just starting to brown. Remove from the oven.
- Distribute spinach, sausage, cheese and an egg in each wonton cup. Season each with salt, black pepper and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Bake 18-19 minutes, until egg is just set. Garnish with sliced scallions.
- Wonton Breakfast Cups can last up to 5 days if refrigerated in an airtight container. Reheat by microwaving 60-90 seconds.