This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older. #ShareWineandBites #CollectiveBias
Today is all about bite-sized food. And wine.
I knew that would get your attention. The wine part.
Anyway, what I’m about to share with you is heaven on toast. It’s simple, quick, fresh and you will love it: Asian Crab Salad Avocado Toast. Yes, it’s a mouthful, but a delicious mouthful. There’s the crispy crostinis, baked to perfection in the oven with a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt. There’s mashed avocado with lime, cilantro and the perfect amount of salt. And there’s crab salad made with all the best Asian flavors: chili garlic sauce, ginger, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil and honey, tossed with mayo for a creamy dreamy dressing. Plus the shredded crab and a handful of crunchy, bright veggies. All finished with toasted sesame seeds.
And a glass of wine.
Not just any wine: The Dreaming Tree Wines. One of my favorites is Crush, which is a red blend, and also the Chardonnay because it goes so beautifully with seafood appetizers and pasta dishes.
Their wines are so special because 1) the company was co-founded by Dave Matthews (yes, THAT Dave Matthews), 2) their focus is not only crafting high quality California wines, but also sustainability and being gentle to the environment so you can feel super amazing while drinking a bottle (ehm, glass) of the stuff and 3) the wine just tastes superb all by itself or paired with yummy food (like these little Asian Crab Salad Avocado Toasts).
- ½ small baguette
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Coarse salt
- 4 medium ripe avocados, pitted
- Zest and juice of 1-2 medium limes
- Small handful cilantro, chopped
- Coarse salt
- 4 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1-inch piece ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 Tbsp. Sriracha
- ½ Tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- ½ Tbsp. low sodium soy sauce or tamari
- ½ Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. brown sugar or honey
- Splash fish sauce (optional)
- Coarse salt
- ½ lb. lump or imitation crab, shredded
- 1 ½ cups thinly sliced or julienne vegetables (carrots, cucumber, jalapeno, green onion)
- 1-2 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice baguette into 12 ½-inch thick pieces and place on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake 8 minutes, until crisp. Allow to cool.
- In a medium bowl, mash avocados and mix with lime, cilantro and salt, to taste. Spread mashed avocado on each toast.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, ginger, Sriracha, sesame oil, soy sauce/tamari, rice wine vinegar, brown sugar/honey, fish sauce (if using) and a pinch of salt. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary. Stir in crab and vegetables until incorporated. Spoon crab salad on top of the mashed avocado. Top with toasted sesame seeds.
- *If there is any crab salad leftover, place in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days.